Monday, February 4, 2013

So, it has been a long weekend and I"ve been playing with the After FX quite a bit. I have been taking my paintings and scanning them in and adjusting the size in photoshop so I can start animating and layering them into films that would work as projections alongside my works. I have obviously made the images too large. I wanted the files to be large so there was a lot of room to zoom in and zoom out. I have started playing with the opacity of the images and work in and out of the different layers while rotating. I also tried to work with some of the effects. There are a ton and I'm sure that I will have a blast playing with them when we are instructed exactly how they work. I am a bit confused. I did get some panning effects, but, in all honesty, I have absolutely no idea what the heck I'm doing in there. And so, I digest.... I mean, digress. Tired, and it's midnight and I've been selected to go and meet the mayor, pick up visiting artists and take them to airport and hotel and lectures, and I've also been asked to assist with a lecture class for photography to the adult community of Memphis. Grad school always starts out at a normal pace, and somewhere after around a month, all hell breaks loose and I have so many appointments to keep I have to pull out the google calendar. I know, I know.. this blog is about digital cinema, dynamic imaging, and I'm just spouting on and on about my hectic stressful life. Did I mention that I am also in charge of planning outing for the graduate students to boost morale? Well.... I am. So, there ya go! oh... I also photographed the Jesus video and redid that animation. It has clouds and other stuff, but I decided to switch his entry from the right side and somehow I deleted his big jump. It's not as smooth as it was last time, but the background certainly looks better. I'm felling much better about photoshop and after effects. Of course, I've been baptized by fire and working hours and hours and hours just to figure out one simple thing.   I am going to learn this if it kills me, and it just might.  Here is my final Jesus movie.  I'm not happy with my cartoon.  this might be the first and only cartoon I ever make.







Jesus layers-VimeoHDEncode from Thomas Green on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment