Thursday, February 21, 2013

Brainstorm for Digital Analog project due 2/28

This is going to be our final project that doesn't actually use three dimensions.  For the first several projects we were only creating the illusion of three dimensions by adjusting the scale up and down and changing things around.  I am excited to see what all this means.  And, to be really honest, I have no idea what the outcome would be as far as this assignment goes, so I think it is best that I pitch several different ideas. 


A] We follow a Digital Analog Digital sequence or we follow

B] Analog Digital Analog sequence  

I'm thinking that I am much more an analog kind of guy, which makes me think that I would learn more going the digital route, but i would be more comfortable the analog route. Either way, there is going to be some pain and some gain.  It all comes out in the wash.  If you don't leave the couch, you haven't pulled any muscles, if you have run a marathon, you've been through some hell.  And, as my friend Kenny once told me... "if you ain't fucked nothing up before, that just means that you haven't tried nothing."  I love that statement. 


So.... here are my ideas.  


I would like to take some of my old photographs from 20 years ago and scan them in, then somehow animate them to do stuff.  I also would like to scan a feather boa and add digital bubbles and glitter to it, perhaps somehow adding some motion sequence into the layers then kicking that out.  I'm not sure what the final analog product is.  I would like to  make a collage or assemblage and take photographs or scan the item in and then animate.  Perhaps If I did an assemblage, I could keep some of the pieces loose somehow and  then animate them and fix them to the final analog piece after the work is done.  

Or perhaps I would like to continue scanning in some of the paintings that I'm dealing with and see what happens with them.  I would like to make collages using interesting textured and printed papers and just scan them in and animate them in some way.  Something abstract and different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment