Thursday, January 24, 2013

1st assignment: CUT OUT CHARACTER ANIMATION:

And here is the first rendered animation we have done in the dynamic imaging class.   The action is, or course, very rough and he jerks alot.  I found challenges in making it seem like he was actually being affected by gravity.  Numerous times when i went to enter the "jump," he seemed like he was floating in air for too long, or he went up to fast and came down too slow or just the opposite.  I hope that I will get better at this over time.   I also think that animations are going to be more effective in the future when the character is generalized with local colors on the figure itself.  I can only hope that my work in this department improves greatly from here! It has been a fun introduction to After Effects.   I still have a lot of anxiety in being in this class, because I don't have any background making digital art, and everyone else in the class has been working with adobe software for years, some have even studied graphic design as a degree.   I hope that I will have the opportunity to pick up on some of the stuff done as examples in class, so that I might have a better understanding of how to use photoshop or illustrator to draw and execute some of the functions towards making a digital animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment